Efficient & Progressive Veterinary Diagnostics
Quick Pet Diagnostics
When it comes to diagnosing your companion animal's condition, time is of the utmost importance. Our fully equipped in-house veterinary laboratory allows us to test and identify most any pet illnesses, diseases, disorders, or ailments in an efficient and effective manner. The sooner we can diagnose the problem, the sooner you will see your pet on the road to recovery.
Common veterinary laboratory testing conducted at Haines Road Animal Hospital include:
- Parasite screenings
- Heartworm testing
- Canine parvovirus (commonly known as parvo)
- Feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV)
- Pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas)
- General wellness and comprehensive blood work
- Feline Leukemia
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
We are also specialized in several cutting-edge animal diagnostic tools from veterinary digital X-rays, pet endoscopy, ultrasound, companion animal electrocardiogram (ECG; monitoring heart activity), and pet endocrinology (hormone regulation).
Animal Diagnostic Tool Highlights
- Veterinary Digital Radiography (X-rays) as opposed to traditional, manual animal X-rays contribute to faster, higher quality images, diagnoses, and treatments. They also provide us with the capability to quickly email images to you or radiologist specialists, as well as reduce the amount of time your dog or cat may be sedated.
- Pet endoscopy is a nonsurgical procedure that uses an endoscope, or small tube with a light and camera, to perform a number of noninvasive veterinary measures and maneuvers. It can greatly assist in searching for foreign objects, cancer, or tumors in the digestive tract, is used for cat and dog colonoscopies, and can even take biopsies or remove common foreign bodies like socks and underwear from the stomach without surgery.
- Animal ultrasound can examine all organs without the need for anesthesia.
- Echocardiograms: ultrasound of the heart.